rned to Bellator.But William was still an MMA prospect, while Tony h

in Technische Unterstützung für Geräte von GEIGERHandling 14.01.2018 00:42
von jcy123 • 1.392 Beiträge

CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Jordane Carverys first career goal in the 25th minute of the first half and a solid defensively display throughout the match lifted the visiting LSU Soccer team to its first victory of the 2016 season with a 1-0 win over host College of Charleston in Sundays finale at the Charleston Classic at Patriots Point.The Tigers (1-1) have come away from Patriots Point with shutouts in each of their two matches all-time with the Cougars (0-2) after also picking up a 4-0 win in their inaugural meeting on Sept. 21, 2007.Im really pleased with our response from Friday night, said LSU head coach Brian Lee. Sunday afternoons are mostly about fight and how hard you work for the full 90 minutes, and I think our players did a good job of that to earn a result today. This gives us something positive to build on as we get ready for George Washington on Thursday.The Tigers sustained early pressure in the match as freshman Marlena Cutura and junior Debbie Hahn forced Cougar goalkeeper Lauren Killian into action in the opening stages. Killian went low to her left to deny LSUs Cutura the opening goal on an open effort from the top of the box in the ninth minute before making a leaping save on Hahns looping header from a corner kick just four minutes later.Carvery would give the visitors the lead midway through the first half with her first goal as an LSU Tiger as she buried Cuturas fourth corner kick of the match with a header at the far post in the 25th minute.I thought we played much better than we did our first game. We came out with a bang, we worked hard. We worked as a team, as a unit, which is something we needed to improve on, Carvery said after the match. Marlena had great crosses into the box, and I just finished off a chance. It was an easy one to finish where she served it in.The Tigers threatened to double their advantage into the second half when senior Summer Clarke skipped across the box and fired an open strike on the hour that was deflected out of play for a corner kick and junior Jorian Baucom fired on frame from eight yards following an entry pass by sophomore Alex Thomas in the 62nd minute. Baucom was later denied a breakaway attempt with less than two minutes to play that might have sealed the victory when she stepped in front of a Cougar free kick near midfield and found herself off to the races.Carvery, Thomas and Hahn teamed with senior Megan Lee at the back to stifle the Cougars going forward as they limited the home side to just six shots in the match. Sophomore goalkeeper Caroline Brockmeier saved each of the three shots on target she faced to earn her first clean sheet as an LSU Tiger.Debbie (Hahn) did an amazing job coming in at the back. She had a great attitude when she came in. She did a great job listening to Megan (Lee) and I about when to go and when to tuck in, Carvery continued. Alex (Thomas) did a great job blocking shots and anticipating what was going on. We just worked well as a unit, which is what a back four needs to do.Caroline communicates with us and tells us what to do and where to be when we need some direction, who to play it to. Shes strong on crosses and makes great saves, which is what we need her to do.With their season-opening weekend at the Charleston Classic at Patriots Point now in the books, the Tigers will welcome George Washington to Baton Rouge on Thursday night for their 2016 home opener that is ready to kick off at 7 p.m. CT at the LSU Soccer Stadium. They follow with another home match against visiting Colgate next Sunday, Aug. 28, at Noon. Adidas Brendan Leipsic Jersey . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Adidas Marc-Andre Fleury Jersey . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. http://www.cheapgoldenknightsjerseys.com/ . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Adidas Oscar Lindberg Jersey . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. Cheap Adidas Golden Knights Jerseys . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they looked comfortable. Tony Johnson spent Labor Day weekend burying his younger brother, who killed himself a week ago.The heavyweight mixed martial artist will spend next weekend fighting in the main event of Bellator 161, believing William Johnson wouldnt want him to miss an opportunity that both fighting brothers craved.I had to go through my grieving really fast, Tony Johnson said in a phone interview from Cincinnati, his parents home. I have beautiful daughters Ive got to take care of. I cant just sit there and wallow in my sorrow. I have to get over it. Theres no other way. Ive always been the backbone of my family. Im very strong. My family leans on me a lot for support. Ive always grieved in private to be strong in public for my family.Johnson takes on French MMA veteran Cheick Kongo on Sept. 16 just outside Austin, Texas. A victory would change Johnsons career, which has been following a winding path from college football to big-money fights.The winner seems almost certain to get a shot at Bellators heavyweight title, which Johnson has been seeking for two years. At 30 years old, he is still relatively young by the wizened standards of MMA heavyweights, but this is his first headlining bout for the promotion.Just days after his father phoned him to inform him of Williams death, Tony immediately told Bellator he would fight anyway.Bellator said, We understand if you dont want to take this fight, Tony Johnson said. There will be no repercussions. Were going to back you 100 percent. Thats all I wanted. Ive got their support, but I told these guys Im going to be there. I dont know if Im going to have another opportunity to fight Cheick Kongo. Im ready now. Im ready to go.Tony Johnson said William Johnson, who lived in Cleveland, was a 27-year-old aspiring fighter with two young children. Although he knew William had a tumultuous relationship with his fiancee, he didnt realize the depth of his younger brothers depression.Every time we would talk, everything was fine, Tony Johnson said. I was trying to give him direction. I was trying to be a big brother to him, trrying to lead him toward the right path.dddddddddddd Hed listen, but of course hes young. He would fall off course, and I would have to put him back on course, but that was our relationship.Johnson attended last weekends viewing for his brother, but he will skip a memorial service at their high school this weekend.My parents want me to stay focused on the fight and winning the fight for my brother, he said.Johnson acknowledges his pain and confusion are still fresh and raw, but he is focusing on family and fighting.I guess he had been going through a lot, Johnson said. I never thought there was an issue. I never saw it. We still dont know. Theres still no closure to figure everything out.Although they lived hundreds of miles apart, the brothers spoke regularly by phone and occasionally trained together. They even fought on the same card in November 2014, both earning victories in a regional Tennessee promotion before Tony returned to Bellator.But William was still an MMA prospect, while Tony has long been considered a rising heavyweight with world title potential. He scored a touchdown for Iowa State in 2004 as a 300-pound freshman fullback before moving from wrestling into MMA.After three years in smaller promotions, he made his Bellator debut in June 2011 with a decision over Derrick Lewis, now a serious contender for the UFC heavyweight title. Problems with his contract led him to take a two-year break from the cage before competing in Asias ONE Fighting Championship and in Nashville, his adopted hometown.Johnson returned to Bellator last year, and he has beaten Alexander Volkov and Raphael Butler to earn a shot at the 41-year-old Kongo, the longtime UFC veteran who moved to Bellator three years ago.Ive gone through adversity before, Johnson said. Ive lost in MMA, and that helps you be strong in life. Things dont go your way, and it hits you. I believe that Rocky Balboa quote: `Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

GEIGERHandling GmbH&Co.KG - Gutenbergstr. 14 - D-72175 Dornhan - Tel. 07455/9470-0 - Fax 07455/9470-88 - 0700-22554344 (CALL GEIGER) service@geigerhandling.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Cleveland Gracie
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1846 Themen und 1886 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen