cord (12-11 UFC); 17 of 25 wins by knockoutStephens: Allowed six takedowns in past four UFC fightsBreakdownStephens reputation i

in Technische Unterstützung für Geräte von GEIGERHandling 12.08.2018 01:37
von jcy123 • 2.583 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- The Baltimore Ravens played defense in a fashion Rex Ryan could surely appreciate -- even if the performance came at his teams expense.Baltimore used a touchdown pass by Joe Flacco , two field goals and a throwback defensive effort to beat the Buffalo Bills 13-7 on Sunday in the season opener.Getting 11 tackles from cornerback Shareece Wright, the Ravens limited Buffalo to 160 yards and sacked former teammate Tyrod Taylor twice.Thats how Baltimore played defense under Ryan from 1999-2008, and thats how it won the 2012 Super Bowl.Ryan is now Buffalos head coach, and it pained him to see his offense struggle against a defensive unit that last year yielded 401 points.Its a pretty darn good defense over there, Ryan said. Im probably one of the only coaches thatll give credit to the opponent because they deserve it. That defense played extremely well. Theyre well coached and they got after us.Returning from a knee injury that ended his season last November, Flacco went 23 for 34 for 258 yards, including a long touchdown pass to newcomer Mike Wallace in the second quarter that put the Ravens ahead for good.That, plus field goals of 50 and 37 yards by Justin Tucker, was enough for Baltimores first season-opening victory since 2012.Taylor used his quickness to avoid a ferocious pass rush, but he had little success passing downfield. He was 15 of 22 for only 111 yards and ran five times for 11 yards.Getting Tyrod on the ground is pretty difficult, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. We would have had him a few more times, but he made plays with his feet.Baltimore took a 10-0 lead when Wallace got behind Stephon Gilmore, took a pass in stride and pulled away for the 66-yard touchdown. Signed as a free agent to enhance an offense that last year lacked a deep threat, Wallace hadnt been part of a play that long since 2012 with Pittsburgh.We made one mistake: Its my fault, its on me, Ryan said. We should have doubled the receiver that caught the touchdown. Instead we doubled somebody else.Buffalo used the elusiveness of Taylor in the pocket to close to 10-7 before halftime. After wriggling from the grasp of Albert McClellan and sidestepping Terrell Suggs, Taylor completed a 33-yard pass to Charles Clay, setting up a 1-yard touchdown run by LeSean McCoy on fourth down.The Bills missed a chance to pull even when Dan Carpenter was wide right on a 49-yard field goal try midway through the third quarter.INJURY UPDATE: Bills starting LT Cory Glenn (ankle) and TE Jim Dray (ankle) both left with injuries in the second quarter and did not return. Bills DT Jerel Worthy left with a knee injury in the fourth quarter and did not return. The Ravens did not report any injuries.ROOKIE BLUNDER & THUNDER: In his first NFL game, Ravens top draft pick left tackle Ronnie Stanley jumped offside on third-and-1 early in the first quarter. On Baltimores next possession, the teams top pick in 2015, Breshad Perriman, made his first NFL reception with a leaping grab at the sideline for a 35-yard gain. Perriman missed the entire 2015 season with a knee injury.WHERES WATKINS?: One reason Taylor was so successful last year was he utilized Sammy Watkins as a deep threat. Watkins was practically invisible during the first half, making only two short receptions for a total of 13 yards. Watkins finished with four catches for 43 yards.SMITH & SUGGS RETURN: Ravens receiver Steve Smith and Suggs returned to regular-season action after having their 2015 season cut short by torn Achilles tendons. Smith caught five passes for 19 yards and stands 53 yards short of passing James Lofton for 10th place on the career list. Suggs had a sack.NO HAPPY RETURNS: In his debut with the Ravens, Devin Hester, one of the great kick returners in NFL history, took back two kickoffs for 18 yards and two punts for 0 yards.QUOTABLE: Someone asked Harbaugh to describe Flaccos stature in the pocket coming off a serious injury: Joe is as tough as a $2 steak. Whats a $2 steak nowadays?McCoy, who scored his 60th career TD: It was a bad day. We didnt get nothing going sideways. We had one long drive and that was it.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap UA Curry Shoes .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. Under Armour Shoes Outlet . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. http://www.cheapunderarmour.us/ . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. Authentic Under Armour Sneakers .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Cheap Under Armour Basketball Shoes . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. In a year that already has proved to be massive for the UFC, with one major card after another, UFC 205 on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York looks to be the biggest and most important of them all. In honor of such a marquee event, ESPN.com is providing dedicated previews to all 13 bouts on the card, breaking down whats at stake and projecting who will win, along with quotes and statistics for each fighter.Featherweights: Frankie Edgar (20-5-1) versus Jeremy Stephens (25-12)Odds as of Nov. 4: Edgar -335; Stephens +275Dana Whites thoughtsEdgar getting a win over a tough, hard-hitting guy like Jeremy Stephens is the right fight for him right now. For Jeremy, this kid has been on the grind for a long time and is finally getting his shot against a guy like Frankie. A win over Frankie is so huge for Jeremy Stephens. Im a big Jeremy Stephens fan, I love the way that kid fights. I dont think he gets overlooked, its just about youve got to be at the right place at the right time and when you are, youve got to win. Youve got to win those big fights and this is a big one for Stephens.Whats at stake?Edgar finds peace in not worrying about title situationThis isnt what Edgar wanted to close out 2016. He wanted to be on UFC 205 in New York, for sure -- but he wanted to headline the card, against featherweight champ Conor McGregor.Instead, it will be Edgars teammate and lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez in the main event against McGregor. Any shot of Edgars dream fight at UFC 205 disappeared in July, when he lost to Jose Aldo in an interim featherweight title bout.Over the past two years, Edgars fate has been out of his hands. Many felt he should have gotten the opportunity to fight McGregor before now, but the Irishman always had other plans.Even now, the top of the 145-pound division is in disarray, with McGregor fighting at a higher weight and Aldo claiming he no longer wants to fight at all. Edgar isnt worried about any of it.Ive been told in the past I was getting a title shot, only to be told the very next day, Eh, no youre not, Edgar said. Ive been worrying about things like that for years and in a way, its good to not have to worry about it. Its not that I dont want the title anymore, thats always what I want -- but lets just see what happens in this fight.Ultimately, Edgar says he doesnt believe McGregor will ever return to the division. He does expect Aldo to come back, sooner or later.The reality is that both still have an impact on Edgars future, but at least for his own mindset, he has separated himself from them. He has told the UFC he would drop to bantamweight, but only for an immediate title shot. Regardless of what comes next, Edgar says he wont let things out of his control affect future performances.Everything we prepared for [against Aldo] I felt I executed, but I didnt adjust well, Edgar saidd of that five-round decision loss.ddddddddddddThats something I usually do. I think Im a smart fighter but in that fight, I was trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Aldo was just smarter and picked his shots better.I wouldnt say I wanted it too much, but thats kind of almost what it felt like. I wanted it so bad, I thought there was only one way to get it done. The best fighters always find a way. If a guy wants you to go right the whole time, youve got to start going left. That night I just kept going right.Stephens mindset: #ResultsWillDoTheTalkingOn Oct. 28, Stephens tweeted out that media wont stop calling. But the 30-year-old veteran has no desire to answer his phone.There has been a shortage of quotes coming out of Stephens ahead of this fight, and those close to him say thats not an accident. He has posted video of him working alongside coaches Jhanex Alviz and Darryl Christian.Stephens made a huge splash during the UFC 205 news conference on Sept. 27 in New York, although probably not in the way he had in mind. Just as McGregor was asked a question on who his greatest challenge would be, Stephens jumped in and answered for him, while also claiming he possessed more knockout power.McGregor reacted by claiming he had no idea who Stephens was. The moment went viral on social media.Although that exchange didnt go Stephens way, his media silence is more likely due to the focus hes putting into this bout. Training out of San Diego, he will fight for the 23rd time in the UFC. He has enjoyed tremendous longevity in the worlds top promotion, but he has also never risen into serious title contention. A win over Edgar, plus a victory over former bantamweight champion Renan Barao in his previous fight, would do that.Key statsEdgar: 20-5-1 record (14-5-1 UFC); 5-0 in non-title featherweight fightsEdgar: 1,871 total strikes landed in UFC competition, fifth most in UFC historyStephens: 25-12 record (12-11 UFC); 17 of 25 wins by knockoutStephens: Allowed six takedowns in past four UFC fightsBreakdownStephens reputation is very much tied to his knockout power and although he has put in work to elevate the other areas of his game, its no secret that power is his best attribute. Even he wouldnt deny that.And against a former lightweight champion and two-time featherweight title challenger, that power is his greatest equalizer. Edgar had his wrestling neutralized by Aldo his last time out, but thats lightning that shouldnt strike twice here. Stephens doesnt have a hole in his defensive wrestling, but the feints, footwork and timed shots of Edgar will give him a lot to think about. And Edgar has never been finished his entire career.Prediction:?Edgar by third-round TKO.You make the call: Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

GEIGERHandling GmbH&Co.KG - Gutenbergstr. 14 - D-72175 Dornhan - Tel. 07455/9470-0 - Fax 07455/9470-88 - 0700-22554344 (CALL GEIGER) service@geigerhandling.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: nice66
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3266 Themen und 3326 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen